School is back in session, and the days of relaxing by the pool are fading away faster than we would like to admit. But let’s look on the bright side; Pumpkin Spice is back on the menu!
In all seriousness, Fall is approaching fast, and as a homeowner, it’s time to get your property ready for Winter. We’ve created a checklist of the Top 10 things you should do to prepare your home for the upcoming seasonal change.
- Change Batteries in All Smoke Detectors: Safety first! Fall is a great time to ensure your smoke detectors are in working order.
- Get Your HVAC Inspected: Before the temperatures drop, have a professional inspect your heating and cooling system to ensure it’s running efficiently.
- Check or Install Weather-Stripping on Doors and Caulking Around Windows: Keep the cold air out and the warm air in, which can help reduce energy bills.
- Inspect and Clean Your Chimney: If you have a fireplace, it’s essential to ensure it’s clean and safe to use before the cozy winter nights.
- Clean and Repair Your Gutters and Downspouts: Prevent clogs and water damage by clearing out debris and ensuring proper drainage.
- Inspect Your Roof: Look for any damaged or missing shingles to prevent leaks during winter storms.
- Trim Back Trees and Bushes: Pruning back overgrown vegetation will help prevent damage from falling branches during winter weather.
- Fertilize and Water Your Lawn in the Fall: Give your lawn the nutrients it needs to thrive and be the envy of the neighborhood come springtime.
- Change Any Seasonal Exterior Decorations: Swap out summer decor for fall-themed items to keep your home looking festive.
- Clean and Stow Your Lawn Mower: Properly winterizing your lawn equipment will extend its life and make it easier to start when spring arrives.
Of course, there is always more to be done, and there’s no such thing as being over-prepared. It is always good to give your home a little TLC, and fall is the perfect time to do it as we prepare for unpredictable Texas winters.
We take pride in providing our clients with value all year round. If you know anyone who could benefit from our services, please give us a call at 972.992.1770 so we can provide them with great value too!
As we bid farewell to summer and welcome the crisp days of fall, taking the time to prepare your home for the upcoming winter is a wise investment. By following this Top 10 checklist, you’ll ensure that your home is not only cozy and comfortable but also safe and efficient during the colder months. Remember, the key to a smooth transition into winter is early preparation, so don’t delay in tackling these essential tasks. Here’s to a warm and worry-free winter season!