Flower Mounds newest attraction for your 4-legged friend is officially open! The Hound Mound at Heritage Park has quickly become a great spot to bring your dog for exercise and a chance to connect with other owners and animals.
The 5-acre location on the East side of Heritage Park just north of Spinks Road (1202 Garden Ridge Blvd.) offers an enclosed space for dogs to be dogs. The Hound Mound includes dedicated areas for small (30 pounds or less) and large dogs for safer interaction. In addition, the park also features many pet-friendly amenities including;
- Hybrid Bermuda Turf
- Seating Areas with Water Fountains
- Trash Receptacles
- Pet Waste Stations
- A Pet Rinse Area
- 40 Parking Spaces
The Town of Flower Mound urges its residents to keep in mind dog park etiquette when visiting the new location and to practice to be prepared prior to enjoying the space. Some of the etiquette items include;
- Refraining from bringing a pet showing signs of illness or contagious disease
- Not bringing a puppy younger than 4 months, or a female dog in heat
- Keeping your eye on your dog, DO NOT let your dog get aggressive with another animal
- Picking up after your dog, come prepared with waste bags
- Refrain from bringing food for either yourself or your dog
- Bring a ball or frisbee for your dog but be prepared to possibly lose it
- Don’t let your dog run in a pack with other dogs and watch out for over aggressiveness
More dog park rules can be found on the Town of Flower Mound’s website HERE
In addition to different etiquette items to familiarize yourself with, the Town of Flower Mound asks you watch the video below BEFORE visiting the Hound Mound.
PLEASE NOTE; your dog must display current registration & be up-to-date on vaccinations. The park will be open every day EXCEPT Wednesday, from 7:00AM to dusk unless closed due to weather conditions. So come one, come all, and bring the pack! The Hound Mound is open for business!
Thinking of moving to the Flower Mound area? Give us a call today at (972) 899-5600 to speak with an Expert Realtor on housing availability & other community attractions.